What is BB cream?
A new buzz word is BB cream and actually they've been around for many years, but have recently gone through a modernization due to all the latest advancements in the cosmetic world. So what is a BB cream? It's basically a product or multiple products that both treat, hydrate, prime and protect the skin. BB actually stands for beauty balm. I'll give you my personal regimen for my morning routine. I consider my foundational serums, moisturizer, sunscreen, primer and liquid makeup to be my BB.
After I wash and dry my face thoroughly...
- I start with my Vitamin C serum (Skinceuticals Phloretin CF) 5 drops for entire face.
- Next I use Oil free moisturizer (Glo) since I'm a little oily, put usually dehydrated and in need of moisture.
- I also use an eye cream every day, morning and night (Skinceuticals Eye Balm)
- And for protection I use an SPF 30 (Skinceuticals Ultimate defense), I ABSOLUTLEY believe in stand alone high quality sunscreens - this is my best advice for anti-aging!
- Now for priming for makeup application, I use several dots of Primer and Sheer Tint Illuminator (both Glo)
- With my special Texture Brush (Glo) sprayed with Moist (Glo) hydration spray. I swirl the product on the back of my hand to blend these 2 products together and then swirl in circles on my entire face.
- My new favorite foundation is Glo Minerals Luxe Liquid and I use Tahini (color). Be sure to shake your liquids well for the best application, liquids definitely separate. I also place product again on back of my hand, still using my Texture Brush and same technique swirl makeup on my face using the Moist mist as needed for the perfect brushed on, airbrush quality finish.
- I sometimes do a light dusting of either a bronzer or matte mineral powder if I do not want the dewy finish that the liquid luxe leaves.
This may seem like a lot, but it takes me no more than 5 minutes to do the above and perhaps another five minutes to complete the rest of my makeup regimen, but I'll save that for another time!